Thursday, September 14, 2006

Be An Artist! Make Big Money!


I have a new customer. She actually found my website via Google. That search engine optimization stuff must do some good, tiresome as it is.

She wants an altered book. Because I prefer to work with the recipient in mind (that's why I subtitle my site "participatory altered art," a term I made up my own self) I asked her to toss out a few themes or images that had personal meaning. She sent back pages of information, a blessing and a curse. I work best under limitations. So I'm noodling around for a theme.

I have no idea what to charge. My books tend to be massive, lengthy undertakings. The best limitation here would be brevity for the sake of both of us. A necessary limitation is that I will have my studio packed and moving for the next ____________ (fill in the blank with a now uncertain period of time). I'm going to separate out a selection of materials and work within those constraints, too. Perhaps I should title this "Working Outside The Box", if that wasn't such a cliche. "Out of The Suitcase?"

Pictures as it progresses.

1 Comments:

Blogger ROSAMARIA said...

That is wonderful that you can make money doing what you love..I'm sure it will turn out great!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home